A Three Temples Tour of Phang Nga from Khao Lak - Visit Dragon Cave Temple, Wat Bang Riang Temple and Wat Suwan Khuha Temple
Available on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.
Spend a day immersed in the fascinating culture and religion of Phang Nga. See the region's most beautiful temples and get an insight into the local Buddhist beliefs.
08:00 - 16:30
- Dragon Cave Temple is in a large limestone cave and is know for its local herbal medicines made by the resident monks, which are thought to help lower blood cholesterol.
- Wat Bang Riang Temple (Wat Rat Upatham) combines three different temple styles: Thai, Chinese and Jedi (no, not like Star Wars). It was built on the back of a mountain, and gives a fantastic view over the stunning countryside. It is best known for its shrine, which houses a tooth of Buddha.
- Wat Suwan Khuha Temple (Monkey Cave Temple) is the home of a large troop of macaque monkeys, which welcome visitors to the entrance of a gigantic cave. Inside, you will find a large golden reclining Buddha. Deeper inside, you will find striking stalagmites and stalactites, as well as some bats.
- The trip also includes a stop at a great local restaurant, giving you the opportunity to enjoy a delicious Thai lunch by a river, in the midst of a mangrove jungle.
- Transfers to and from your hotel
- Water and soft drinks
- Professional tour guide
- Suitable clothes (arms and legs covered)
- Sun protection
- Mosquito repellant
- Hat or cap
- Comfy shoes
- Spending money
- Please remember that these temple are religious places. Please dress and behave respectfully.
- Please note that, due to weather conditions and other circumstances, there might be changes to our tour programme. Sometimes we even need to move the tour to another date and in rare cases to cancel it entirely. This is done entirely for your safety and comfort. Thank you for your understanding.